Home / Who We Are
We Are ESAP2
ESAP 2 aims to improve employment opportunities and working conditions of women and men in the Western Balkans
Employment and Social Affairs Platform (ESAP 2) is a regional 3-year (2019 – 2022) project financed by the European Union (EU) and jointly implemented by the Regional Cooperation Council (RCC) and International Labour Organisation (ILO).
ESAP 2 is a continuation of the original ESAP project implemented in the region (2016-2019) and aims to build on its achievements. To that end, ESAP 2 will:
- support the preparation, implementation and monitoring of detailed national roadmaps for the formalization of undeclared work, and implement intervention packages in each economy;
- continue to support social dialogue in the region, with a view to improving the participation of Economic and Social Councils in economic, social and labour policy making, promote collective bargaining, and strengthen networking among agencies for peaceful settlement of labour disputes; improve knowledge and practices of labour inspectorates to prevent and combat undeclared work;
- focus on the implementation of the reinforced social agenda for Western Balkans announced in the European Commission Communication A credible enlargement perspective for and enhanced EU engagement with the Western Balkans by providing support to increased EU policy engagement in the Western Balkans in employment and social policies.
5 fields of ESAP 2 action:
- Informal Employment and Undeclared Work
- Labour Inspection
- Social Dialogue
- Employment Policies and Measures
- Western Balkans Engagement in EU Employment and Social Policies
The main beneficiaries of the project are the Ministries of Labour and Social Affairs, Ministries of Finances, Public Employment Services (PES), Labour Inspectorates, Tax Administrations, Economic-Social Councils, and social partners from the six Western Balkan economies. The project also partners with Labour and Social Affairs counterparts in the EU.