ESAP technical assistance instrument
Within the overall objective of contributing to improved policy and institutional settings and outcomes and regional cooperation in the Western Balkans in support of employment, human capital and social development, the ESAP project provides technical assistance to support national processes related to the preparation, monitoring and follow up of national employment, labour market and social affairs strategies, action plans and/or measures, as well as other priority areas under the mandate of Ministries of Labour and Public Employment Services, who are the beneficiaries of this assistance. To that end, the ESAP project supports national governments through:
- (1) hands-on short term expertise to support the above objectives and/or
- (2) support to organisation of trainings, workshops, conferences or other activities related to the above.
The provided expertise and the events should directly help individual beneficiary organizations, such as ministries in charge of labour, strengthen their administrative capacity in the different stages and processes related to the employment and social policy development and implementation.
The beneficiary institutions of the targeted assistance are the Ministries of Labour and Social Affairs () and Public Employment Services of the Western Balkan economies.
The provision of short term expertise and organisation of trainings, workshops and conferences is conducted under the RCC rules of procedures.
- Establishing an integrated information system in the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare in Kosovo*, February – December 2017
- Expert assistance to Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare of Montenegro in the organisation of a national workshop on the new Labour Law, 9-10 May 2017
- National Consultative Meeting on the Employment and Social Reform Programme, Skopje, 16 February 2017
- Analysis of the legal framework of the Vocational Training Centres in Kosovo*, December 2017 - January 2018
- Technical assistance to the Employment Agency of Montenegro on upgrading the Information Technology System in line with EURES requirements, September - December 2017
- Technical assistance on Drafting Rules of Procedure of the Advisory Board of the Employment Agency of Kosovo*, February - April 2018
- Technical assistance on developing the monitoring framework of the Action Plan for Increasing Youth Employment 2018-2020 and the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare Sectoral Strategy 2018-2022 in Kosovo*, April - July 2018
- Visit of the Albanian PES delegation to Prishtina, 12 July 2018
- Development of a brochure on Youth Employment Programmes, Montenegro, August – September 2018
- Development of Communication Platform for the Public Employment Service, Albania, October – December 2018
- Measuring the employment impact of vocational training in Kosovo*, July – November 2018
- Development of a paper on problems of employment in the active processing regime in Albania, through the lens of employees and employers, September – October 2018
- Bilateral learning exchange on Sector Budget Support on employment with the participation of the Albanian institutions, 29 October 2018, Skopje
- Visit of the Kosovo* PES delegation to Albania, 15 November 2018
- Study visit of the BiH PES delegation to Serbia, 24-25 December 2018
- Supporting the development of a national action plan on employment, Montenegro, December 2018
- Meeting of the Ministry of Labour of Montenegro with the representatives of the EC on the new Labour Law, Brussels, December 2018
- Expert support for the development of manuals for system of management by objectives and local employment action plans for public employments services (PESs) in the WB6 economies, July – November 2018
- Expert services for structural and functional review of the Vocational Training Centres of Albania, December 2018 – February 2019
- Analysis of the Information Technology system of the Employment Agencies in the Western Balkans in line with EURES requirements, November 2018 – February 2019
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence