The recommendations selected by
each Economic and Social Council (ESC) as resulted from discussions at the
Belgrade Conference in July 2017, are listed in the below table.
Republic of Albania
- Agreement on a set of pre-determined objective,
precise, easy to check representativity criteria to be set out in a
regulation (e.g. special law or sub legal) and harmonise the level of representativity
in the National Labour Council in order to maximise the impact of its
- A “tracking” system adopted so that the National
Labour Council is able to ascertain and assess the level and degree to which
their recommendations are acted upon at the Council of Ministers.
ESC of the Federation of BiH:
- Drafting of a special law which will regulate the
work of the ESC of FBiH.
- Organize activities for awareness raising on the role
of the Government as promoter, helper, regulator and body for implementation
of the social dialogue in key Ministries whose mandate encompasses economy.
| ESC of Republika Srpska:
- Boost ESC ‘s Standing Committees work and increase
- Eliminate the stalemate in the social dialogue
former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Improvement in technical expertise available to the
ESC by engaging appropriate research institutions, academia and relevant
civil society organizations.
- Procedures to be put in place to ensure that draft
laws /strategic documents are sent
and commented upon by the ESC.
- Reduction of number of representatives to maximum 8
for each party represented in the Council.
- Change of composition of the group of government
representatives, so that it includes officials from key Ministries with wide
scope of work in the field of development of economy/entrepreneurship.
- Bills to be accompanied by the ESC’s recommendations
/opinions when submitted to Parliament.
- Submitting the opinions of both to the Government and the Ministry and
shorter time limits for responses.
- Better recognition by the Government of the ESC as
the national tripartite advisory body and an increase in its budget.
To be confirmed.|
designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with
UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence